R32 refrigerant is otherwise called difluoromethane and has a place with the HFC group of refrigerants. This gas is ready to supplant the other vaporous, for example, R-410A and R-407C, as the favored gas because of its lower Global Warming Potential. Its substance equation is CH2F2.
Because of the Montreal Protocol 1987 to eliminate ozone consumption vaporous, the R-410A and R-407C are refrigerant mixes that are utilized to supplant ozone exhaustion refrigerants, for example, R22 as both of these vaporous have zero ODP(Ozone Depletion Potential). Difluoromethane establishes a critical piece in both of these vaporous. Subsequently, its accessibility in the market isn’t an issue.
The disclosure of the nursery impacts of refrigerants that are utilized to supplant ozone exhaustion vaporous has incited the players in the HVAC business to search for better refrigerants. The unnatural weather change is a not kidding issue that is tormenting the world, and the general temperature of the earth has been rising.
This provoked numerous producers to start to design, getting rid of refrigerants like R-407C, R-410A, R-134A and supplanting them with lower GWP like R32. It has a limit of – 51°C. R32 utilizes 78% lesser refrigerant to work contrasted with R-410A, and most fresher items in Japan have been easing in this refrigerant beginning around 2013.
This gas is ordered under combustibility level A2( ISO 817:2014); consequently, care must be taken when utilizing this gas. It is exceptionally near R-410A as far as working conditions and execution. Different refrigerants that are being considered for use in what’s to come are R1234yf and R1234ze.
See the table underneath that looks at the GWP and ODP of different refrigerants dependent on IPCC(International Panel On Climate Change) 2007 Fourth Assessment Report on Climate Change throughout a 100-years time skyline.
Observe that carbon dioxide has a GWP of 1 and ODP of 0.
R11 refrigerant has a GWP of 4750 and ODP of 1.
The development of R22 was gradually eliminated in 2015.
It is accounted for that if the arrangement to get rid of ODP items are clung to, the ozone layer will return to its condition as during the 1980s. This is uplifting news, and all work should be required to eliminate non-zero ODP-causing items progressively.
Pro and Cons of R32 Refrigerant:
- Zero ODP
- One third of R-410A GWP.
- Required less charge as it has a 20% higher volumetric capacity.
- Similar saturated pressure hence development is easier.
- Higher critical temperature hence higher COP.
- Lower density hence the amount of charge required is smaller.
- Single component of gas, therefore it is easier to be produced and managed.
- Toxicity level slightly higher and more precaution is needed to use it.
- Higher discharge temperature will cause oil degradation in the compressor which may damage some of the components in it. Design consideration is required to ensure the discharge temperature is limited to an acceptable level.